Sunday, August 08, 2004

Spam Hell: My Version of Open Water

Help!

Does anyone hear my cry for help?

I haven't seen the movie "Open Water" (don't really plan on), but judging from the previews, the reviews and the trailer, I get the gist: couple goes out on diving expedition, get left behind, must fend for selves in open water. I'm going out on a limb here, but since it's based on a true story I assume that someone lived to tell the story.

I feel left behind just about everyday when I'm on my computer, especially when checking my email.

This whole "Can Spam Act" is a bunch of mierda if you ask me. Today is Sunday, a day I usually don't work but I thought I'd do an early morning email scan before the baby woke up.

Inbox: 1237 emails.
By the time it scanned all the messages, the internet connection timed out. It took so long just to find out that nobody emailed me with anything crucial, but for some reason I thought that out of 1237 there had to be at least something I could sink my teeth into.

So for the time being, I'm doing an email check on Sunday mornings and evenings. What a drag! Can someone tell me what happened to email?

No comments: