Sunday, April 16, 2006

Citlalli's Healthy Heart Birthday

 
Thanks to my mom pal (and digital scrapbooking dynamo) April for putting together this page for Citlalli (no "e" at the end, but that's OK!). This past week we dyed Easter eggs and April was fascinated by Citlalli's wild abandon as she dunked her entire hands into the dye. So taken by the experience, April made a whole page for her with commentary. She doesn't realize it, but she couldn't have timed this better.


3 years ago this weekend, my little girl Citlalli underwent heart surgery.
She was 5 months old and the event remains a defining point in my adult life.

I don't want to focus on what was, I prefer to focus on WHAT IS. Today, she is 3 1/2 years old, a spitfire to say the least (part of her survival spirit). She's bright, active, funny, cute... all the things we love about our 3 year olds. She also has the OTHER set of 3 year old traits that I choose to gloss over today, but let it be said that this child can hold her own against human and beast.

The lesson I learn over and over with Citlalli is that people are RESILIENT. We can survive so much more than we think. Hard times, illness, conflict, not getting our way, loss... we survive.

Happy Heart Birthday Mija! Mommy loves you Posted by Picasa

No comments: