Monday, April 10, 2006

A Good Excuse to Postpone the Podcast

Today I was all set to interview Nora de Hoyos Comstock, the founder and mera comadre of Las Comadres Para Las Americas. Las Comadres Para Las Americas is an amazing grass roots movement of Latina/indigena women from all over who support each other via the web and at in person events.

So I called Nora just a few minutes ago and I got her voice mail! Nora, where are you, I ask myself. I rechecked my calendar, made sure we had our time zone differences understood... hmmm, not like her to miss.

So I called her cell phone and this excited, enthusiastic Nora answered.

Me: Hi Nora, it's Nancy.

Nora: Nancy! I'm at the Immigration Rally!

Me: Cool! Well, I guess we need to do this another time.

Nora: I am soooooooooo sorry, I have to be here. You know that.

Me: I'm there with you, Nora. We'll reschedule. Go raise hell!


She passed the phone to Annabelle Arteaga, another awesome comadre so that was fun. They were pumped up, that's for sure.

That's what being a comadre is all about. You suit up and show up when the signal sounds. You get out there and support your gente, raise your fist, your voice, whatever it takes.

So Nora's interview will happen a little later than sooner, but I can't wait to see how the demonstration in Texas went.

Read this Prayer for Immigrant Justice and share it with your friends.

My opinion on the Immigration Debate can be found in one of my favorite posters. An Aztec warrior points his finger at the viewer saying, Who are you calling illegal, pilgrim?

ComadreCoaching.com

No comments: