Friday, May 26, 2006

A Good Day to be a Latina Entrepreneur

What a great month this has been with even more good things to come! My momentitos of fame are blazing brightly with lots of awards, recognition, and buena onda coming this way. And with awards and recognition come... fiestas!

The biggest news is yours truly being named to the Latino 100 (pictured), and hot off the presses is the news that I am Small Business Entrepreneur of the Year for the National Hispanic Business Womens Association. (Please join me on June 10 at the awards banquet- go to www.nationalhbw.org, click on "Events" and order your ticket today!)

Having all this occur while I launch my new Inner Circle Program is simply divine icing on the cake. So my mom is proud, I'm feeling validated and now I must do the task I dread... shopping for clothes. More on that in a minuto.

Saturday May 20 was the National Latina Business Women's awards banquet where I got to see friends get awards and connect with people I know. I wish I had a photo, but I didn't take my camera that night... but will certainly put pics up when those arrive. The day before I spent half the afternoon fighting prom-bound teens for the last shreds of evening accessories and shoes. As I'm holding my cafe con leche complexion up to this season's light colors, I realized that I was in serious need of RED. Pastel colors are not my friends, they make me look listless, yet that was all I could find! The only red had a July 4th theme and sorry... not this girl.

So I'm walking up and down this mall, missing the days when I didn't have to shop at malls, grumbling about all these butt ugly styles available to women, the whole shopping-industrial conspiracy... oh my mind was busy. However I found a kiosk that had red accessories (sales girl to me: "Oh no one EVER buys red, maybe for Valentine's day..." as if to say what?)

Long story short, I managed to pull together a nice little black number w/ red accents and had a great time!

Tuesday May 23 was the Latino 100 reception here in Orange County... (not to be confused with a great play The Mexican OC. ) Here I am pictured with my "date" for the night the super accomplished Alicia Maciel. I think we were trying to do a prom date picture... or were we thinking of stealing the centerpiece? Hijole!





Thursday May 25 I attended Dialogue on Diversity's annual conference in LA which was also very interesting. What I took away most from that day was connecting with some really cool amigas y comadres, such as those here with me... Top row left to right there's Addy the bling chica, Tanya of Crafts From Argentina, la famosa y buenisima Ana, next row is me, Yolie who is Ana's right hand, and Claudia of Chunk'n'Chip Cookies. Not pictured is Laurelle a public speaking coach who was also great to connect with.

Send me a comment back if you have a link to an outfit worthy of the Entrepreneur of the Year awards night, if you too hate shopping, or whatever this post pops up in your mind.

Adios!

Pictured (Latino 100 photo) above I'm wearing this awesome necklace made for me by artesana Sally Evans. You just don't find these types of things in malls...


ComadreCoaching.com

1 comment:

Susan Reynolds said...

This is SO exciting Nancy! What a wonderful month it has been for both of us!