Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Thanks for Praying for Bunny

In a recent issue of my ezine The Pocket Comadre, I shared with readers that Bunny (my awesome mom) was recently diagnosed with colon cancer. She is undergoing chemo and radiation, and despite all that has a great attitude.

I asked people to keep her in her prayers. These are some responses I got back- many from total strangers- wishing her well. The kindness and love poured out amaze me. I am so full of gratitude right now. If you think the world is filled with horrible people, read these notes and think again. People are beautiful, the world is beautiful.

From Andy in LA
I am sending lots of love and healing thoughts to your Mama!
Andy


From KK in Malaysia:

Dear Nancy,

Warmest greetings from Penang, Malaysia! May your mum be in the best of health ... always ...

Namaste,
KK

From Ibis:
Dear Nancy's mom,

Prayers have a tremendous power to heal. I will pray for your health and well-being. I know you are going through some challenging times but from reading Nancy's description about you and learning about her love towards you I get the impression that you possess an impressive inner strength. Que Dios la Bendiga. Ibis


From Leyden in NYC
Hi Nancy,
Please send your mother my very best wishes for her good health. Tell her that I will pray for her quick recovery and send her waves upon waves of positivity.

Best,
Leyden

From Ali in Florida
Estimada Señora y Mamá de mi querida Nancita,

Siento mucho los problemas de salud que se les ha presentado. Cuando Nancy me dijo que la enviaron al Hospital yo hice oraciones especiales para que todo saliera bien. También llamé a mis amistades para que todas rogáramos por usted a las cuatro de la tarde del DIA cuando usted fue hospitalizada.

Aunque no nos conocemos, sí conozco muy bien a su hija Nancita, la cual es un Ángel enviado de cielo y a la cual le tengo mucho cariño y respeto. Me imagino que Nancita salió a usted. Quiero que sepa que continuamos pidiéndole a Dios por una recuperación rápida

Y que el Espíritu Santo la mantenga protegida bajo su manto omnipotente.

Que Dios la bendiga y le aporte con mucha salud, dicha y bienestar…y mucho, mucho amor.
Bendiciones y abrazos,

Ali

From Diane G.
Nancy's Mom
So sorry to hear of your recent diagnosis. Please know that you will be included in my thoughts and prayers...your strength and vibrancy can only help in your fight. Between all the benefit of the recent medical advances made in fighting cancer and all the love and prayers that are coming your way, your chances are great! Good luck!

From Gloria U.
Nancy, I wish you and your mom the very best and will include you all in my prayers.
God Bless, Gloria

From Gloria H.
I pray your mom gets a total healing. Share this scripture with her.

Mark 16: 17
And these signs will accompany those who believe: they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well.

And this one is for you:

Take delight in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart.

From Ruben in Orange County
Have a great year and I send prayers for your mother. RUBEN

THIS FOLLOWING NOTE IS REALLY SPECIAL FROM LISA IN TORONTO.

Dear Nancy,
Thanks for your new year greetings.

I am so sorry to hear about your mom's recent diagnosis.

My father was diagnosed with cancer 4 years ago. He has something
called multiple myeloma which is basically bone cancer. Without
treatment, he would not have much hope, so of course he decided to have
the treatment.

Now treatment for this rare type of cancer is very complicated. Not
only did he go through the strongest chemotherapy treatment but he also
had to have a stem cell transplant. When he was diagnosed, his kidneys
had failed and he was told that he had to have dialysis for the rest of
his life. All in all, it wasnt' very good news. And it wasn't an easy
time at all. My dad spent 8 months in hospital due to a crazy amount
of complications. And me and my mom spent every day with him. and we
laughed and cried and talked about life and death and jeopardy and how
was it possible for the champion to have such a big brain!

My father was very close to death a number of times. He had 2 blood
infections, his heart stopped for 6 minutes, and he had dangerously
high blood pressure...but in the end he is still with us and he is
doing much better. About a month ago, the doctors said that they
didn't want to see him for a year..which is amazing considering he went
every two weeks to see them!

When my dad was sick, i organized something that i called the kindness
of strangers letter writing campaign. I sent out emails letting
everyone i knew what was happening to my dad. I asked everyone if they
could send this to all they knew and if they could continue passing it
on. Basically i asked if people could write some words of peace, love
and kindness to someone going through a rough time. Well, we ended up
with about 75 letters from many different places! Heck, we even got
some letters from japan and israel!

I put all of the envelopes in a box and delivered them to my mother and
father who were incredibly touched. My mother found these letters very
meaningful and she looks at them often.

If you feel so inclined, i would urge you to do the same. Simply put
out one email asking people to send this out to friends who might be
willing to participate and ask them to forward it along. Provide a
mailing address and see what happens. A friend of mine did it and she
recieved about 75 letters of love and support.

When my dad was diagnosed he said that he wasn't going anywhere cause
he had too much love to give! My father has fought this disease and
has been the most stubborn guy ever. I think that having a strong
spirit really helps, but from what i gather your mom is probably a very
strong woman!


much love to you and your familia!

abrazos,
lisa




ComadreCoaching.com

1 comment:

Crafty Chica said...

this post brought tears to my eyes. your mom is so sweet and funny and best of all happy 24/7 (from what i experienced on a rocky cruise ship!). patrick and i have been praying for her often, she will totally conquer this!!!!
xoxo
kathy :-)